Mellanox’s Ethernet solutions enable cloud data centers to achieve the highest efficiency through a high-performance, low latency cloud network with rich network offload with acceleration and automation features.
Check out the attached Whitepaper from Mellanox and see how we can help you get it there!
See Mellanox Seamlessly Integrates with OpenStack, Increasing Efficiency and Reducing Operational Costs
DDN Past User Group Meetings and Customer Presentations, see https://www.ddn.com/company/events/user-group-sc/
The largest collection of breached data in history has been discovered, comprising more than 770m email addresses and passwords posted to a popular hacking forum in mid-December…..
For more information, do take a look at https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jan/17/breached-data-largest-collection-ever-seen-email-password-hacking
You can check whether your account is compromised b Security Researcher Troy Hunt who runs the Have I Been Pwned breach-notification service.
This is a quick command to add nodes to a specific queue
# qmgr -c “set node node-name queue=queue-name”
To remove nodes from a specific queue
# qmgr -c “unset node node-name queue”
- For vGPU test you’ll need a license, which can be requested here:
- Other documentation for installing vGPU on Red Hat / CentOS is here:
- Virtual GPU Software Quick Start Guide
In summary the steps are:
– Install a piece of sw in the host/hypervisor to help virtualize GPUs
– Install the GPU drivers inside the guest OS of the VMs
– Install a license server (flex) for the licensing
– Configure license server and settings within the VM to connect to the license server
News from IBM on Quantum Computing
Quiskit – the “Quantum Information Science Kit” SDK is an open source platform that allows developers and coders familiar with Python and Jupyter Notebooks to program our quantum computers https://github.com/Qiskit
- QISKit AQUA builds and runs algorithms, and contains algorithms and domain-specific tools, making it possible to run classical computing applications on quantum computers, as well as for others to build their own applications. Aqua is one of four Qiskit elements:
- Qiskit Terra: the ‘earth’ element, is the foundation on which the rest of the software lies. Terra provides a bedrock for composing quantum programs at the level of circuits and pulses.Qiskit Ignis: the ‘fire’ element, is dedicated to fighting noise and errors and to forging a new path. This includes better characterization of errors, improving gates, and computing in the presence of noise.
- Qiskit Aer: the ‘air’ element, permeates all Qiskit elements. To really speed up development of quantum computers we need better simulators, emulators and debuggers.
News about IBM Q
Quantum Computing in the NISQ era and beyond
For Full Details, see [SingCERT] Alert on DNS Flag Day
Domain Name System (DNS) infrastructure operators and Internet service providers are taking part in the first DNS Flag Day  on 1 February 2019. This is a global initiative to promote the use of Extension Mechanism Protocol for DNS (EDNS)  where participants, software and service providers such as Google and Cloudflare, are going to remove non-standard DNS workarounds.
Authoritative nameservers that bypass and do not support the EDNS protocol and those with proprietary implementations of the DNS protocol, e.g. legacy load balancing appliances.
Internet users might experience slowness or inaccessibility issues when interacting with domains whose authoritative nameservers are affected, such as accessing websites or sending emails.