To Register, See https://www.redhat.com/en/summit
We’re addressing this by expanding the terms of the Red Hat Developer program so that the Individual Developer subscription for RHEL can be
used in production for up to 16 systems. That’s exactly what it sounds like: for small production use cases, this is no-cost, self-supported RHEL.
You need only to sign in with a free Red Hat account (or via single sign-on through GitHub, Twitter, Facebook, and other accounts) to download
RHEL and receive updates. Nothing else is required. This isn’t a sales program and no sales representative will follow up. An option will exist within
the subscription to easily upgrade to full support, but that’s up to you.
The updated Individual Developer subscription for RHEL will be available no later than February 1, 2021.
The CentOS project recently announced a shift in strategy for CentOS.
- It will be shifting to an upstream build (testing patches and updates before inclusion in the upstream vendor).
- Additionally, support for CentOS Linux 8 has been cut short, from May 31, 2029 to December 31, 2021.
- CentOS 7 will continue to be supported as a downstream version of RHEL 7 till Jun 2024.
- Pictures Taken from https://rheb.hatenablog.com/
Where do we go from here? We can look at Rocky Linux. Rocky Linux aims to function as a downstream build as CentOS had done previously, building releases after they have been added by the upstream vendor, not before. Rocky Linux is led by Gregory Kurtzer, founder of the CentOS project.
A very good basic article on What is Kubernetes from Red-Hat?
- What can you do with Kubernetes?
- Learn to speak Kubernetes.
- How does Kubernetes work?
- What about Docker?
- Why do you need Kubernetes?
- Support a DevOps approach with Kubernetes
- Using Kubernetes in production
For more information, do take a look Here
Here are documentation and release notes if you wish to have information whether you can use RHEL on DGX
- Delivering IT Manageability with Red Hat on Nvidia DGX-1
- DGX Software for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Mellanox’s Ethernet solutions enable cloud data centers to achieve the highest efficiency through a high-performance, low latency cloud network with rich network offload with acceleration and automation features.
Check out the attached Whitepaper from Mellanox and see how we can help you get it there!
Do note that for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization you must attach a directory server to the Manager using the Domain Management Tool, engine-manage-domains. This configuration sis for RHEV 3.5
Identity Management (IdM)
Red Hat Directory Server 9 (RHDS 9)
# rhevm-manage-domains add --domain=your_active_directory_domain --user=spmstest --provider=ad
Restart the ovirt-engine
# service ovirt-engine restart
One of the best ways to improve the performance of Microsoft Windows guest is to use paravirtualised devices and drivers for KVM in the guests. This provides close to bare performance (up to 95%). These drivers are provided by the virtio-win RPM packages in the RHEL.
1. The virtio-win packages can be found on RHEL server /usr/share/virtio-win/
# ls -l /usr/share/virtio-win/ drwxr-xr-x. 4 root root 4096 Oct 13 10:24 drivers drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 Oct 13 10:24 guest-agent -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 2949120 May 29 2014 virtio-win-1.7.1_amd64.vfd -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 149004288 May 29 2014 virtio-win-1.7.1.iso -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 2949120 May 29 2014 virtio-win-1.7.1_x86.vfd lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 26 Oct 13 10:24 virtio-win_amd64.vfd -> virtio-win-1.7.1_amd64.vfd lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 20 Oct 13 10:24 virtio-win.iso -> virtio-win-1.7.1.iso lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 24 Oct 13 10:24 virtio-win_x86.vfd -> virtio-win-1.7.1_x86.vfd
You may want to add these images to the ISO Library, you can attach the virtio-drivers-*.vfd image to the virtual floppy drier beofre manually installing Windows
2. The rhev-tools-setup.iso image found in the usr/share/rhev-guest-tools-iso
# ls -l /usr/share/rhev-guest-tools-iso -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 177272 Jul 29 16:30 LICENSES -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 350181376 Jul 29 16:30 RHEV-toolsSetup_3.4_9.iso lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 57 Oct 13 10:23 rhev-tools-setup.iso -> /usr/share/rhev-guest-tools-iso/RHEV-toolsSetup_3.4_9.iso -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 924 Jul 29 16:30 SOURCES
3. Upload drivers and tools to the ISO Storage Domain
# rhevm-iso-uploader -u admin@internal list Please provide the REST API password for the admin@internal oVirt Engine user (CTRL+D to abort): ISO Storage Domain Name | Datacenter | ISO Domain Status dmn_ixora_iso_vol | RH_Resource | active
# rhevm-iso-uploader -u admin@internal --iso-domain=dmn_ixora_iso_vol upload /usr/share/virtio-win/virtio-win-1.7.1_x86.vfd /usr/share/rhev-guest-tools-iso/rhev-tools-setup.iso Please provide the REST API password for the admin@internal oVirt Engine user (CTRL+D to abort):
4. Create the new VM using the RHEV Manager
Remember to click the “Run Once”
Under the “Boot Option”,
– Attached the virtio-win-1.7.1_amd.vfd to the floppy
– Attached the MS Windows 7 ISO to the CD
6. Once you have booted to Windows 7, go to Device Manager and run an update for the missing Ethernet, storage controller
You should see
– Red Hat VirtIO SCSI controller,
– Red Hat VirtIO SCSI pass-through controller
– Red Hat VirtIO Ethernet Adapter