How the NFS Server exports the file system plays an important part in the overall performance of NFS. Do read for the NFS Client Recommended Configuration in this same blog.
- Tuning NFSD Server Daemon for Performance
- Dealing with Overflow of Fragmented Packets
- Configure TCP for faster connections and transfers
- Turning Off Autonegotiation of NICs and Hubs (optional)
- Tuning NFS Server exports file for performance (/etc/exports)
- Network Design consideration for NFS
For more in-depth information, Optimizing NFS Performance